Cindy Arruda has an undergraduate degree in Psychology, a master’s degree in Educational Psychology, and is currently perusing her doctorate which examines deceptive behaviors in boys with and without behavioral difficulties. In addition to teaching at the college level, she continues to work with children and adolescents with severe learning and behavior problems. She has recently presented her work at the Society for Research in Child Development and the Canadian Psychological Association. Cindy has been a member of Talwar Research Team for several years, and has enjoyed investigating the different aspects of children’s lie-telling behaviors. She looks forward to continued success in this area of study.
- Arruda, C. M., Soor, S., & Talwar, V. (March, 2011). Children’s prosocial lie-telling and its relation to second-order belief understanding. Poster presented at Society for Research in Child Development. Montreal. QC
- Arruda, C. M., Renaud, S.J., Williams, S., & Talwar, V. (August, 2010). Identification and Moral Evaluations of Prosocial and Antisocial Lies. Poster presented at the 118th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association. San Diego, CA.
- Talwar, V., & Arruda, C. (April, 2010). Truth or Consequences: The Effect of Expected Punishment and Appeal to Tell the Truth on Children’s Lie-Telling Behavior. Conference on Human Development, New York, NY
- Renaud, S. J., Arruda, C.,Williams, S., & Talwar, V. (2009, June). Children’s understanding of altruistic lies. Canadian Psychological Association, Montreal, Canada.
- Arruda, C., Williams, S., Renaud, S.J., & Talwar, V. (2009, April). To punish or to reward? Children’s moral evaluations of truth and lie-telling. Society for Research in Child Development, Denver, U.S.A.
- Arruda, C. M., Brunet, M. K., & Talwar, V. (June, 2008). Liar Liar: The influence of relationship status on the moral judgments of children and adults ratings of antisocial and prosocial lies. Jean Piaget Society Adolescent Development: Challenges and Opportunities Annual Conference, Quebec City, QC.
- Arruda, C. M., Brunet, M. K., Bernard, A., Talwar, V (June 2007). Truth Promoting: The effects of internal and external verbal motivators on children’s honesty following a transgression. Poster presented at Canadian Psychological Association, Ottawa, Canada.
- Brunet, M. K., Arruda, C. M., Buonaugurio, A., Rufino, K., Crossman, A., Talwar, V. (June 2007) Children’s perceptions of prosocial and antisocial lying: How relationships influence moral judgments of lies. Poster presented at Canadian Psychological Association, Ottawa, Canada